Qualifications to be a Delegate
To qualified to apply, you must be:
- At least one-fourth Asian ancestry
- Between the ages of 17-30 years
- Never married nor given birth
- Citizens worldwide (not limited to US residents)
Miss Asian Global Pageant accepts applicants who claim ancestry from the following countries:
Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, East Timor, Mongolia, Hong Kong, Macao, South Korea, North Korea (with valid refugee status), Japan, Mainland China, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Oman, Yemen, Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Lebanon, Syria, Israel, Jordan, Iraq, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, the ethnic Asian groups of the former Soviet Union, the ethnic group of Hmong from Southern China, and the islands of the Pacific and Indian oceans.
Please contact us if you have any questions about your ethnic qualifications.
Delegates must attend all workshops and pre-pageant events leading up to the pageant day. Delegates living outside the San Francisco Bay Area (Out of town or OOT) have the option to participate in workshops through online streaming and are excused from pre-pageant events prior to pageant week. Bay Area delegates are required to attend workshops and pre-pageant events in person.
Out of town delegates must check into the hotel on the Monday prior to the pageant. San Francisco Bay Area Delegates will check-in on Tuesday. We have a full schedule of activities including training, rehearsals, bonding exercises, gift exchange and the judge interview. The day begins at 8am and concludes at 10pm.
Delegates are required to possess the necessary technology skills, including proficiency in using communication platforms and social media, as well as the capability to create short one-minute videos. Access to a stable Wi-Fi network is also essential.
- Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) is required for consideration.
- Registration Fee: Upon acceptance, a registration fee of $1,000 (USD) must be submitted.
- Sponsorship Requirement: Delegates are required to secure a sponsor for a minimum amount of $1,500 (USD).
- Personal Expenses: Delegates are responsible for covering the costs of their clothing, shoes, and accessories required for the pageant.
- Gift Exchange: Each delegate is expected to bring 30 pieces of a small inexpensive gift to exchange with fellow delegates during pageant week, as a small memento of their time and journey together.
- Additional Costs: Nominal expenses beyond the outlined fees may be determined and communicated at a later date.
To audition for the optional talent competition, please provide a video link showcasing your talent. The video should be between 2 to 5 minutes long and no more than two years old. Feel free to submit multiple videos featuring different talents, and ensure that the video link includes audio.
When considering an applicant, we look at one’s character, intellect, and personality. Our application is designed to provide freedom and flexibility to showcase your interests and accomplishments. We are in search of delegates who embody qualities like resilience, adaptability, and innovative thinking.
Principal court titles to be awarded:
- Miss Asian Global
- Miss Asian America
- Miss Asian Global First Princess
- Miss Asian Global Second Princess
- Miss Asian Global Third Princess.
Honorary and merit titles awarded:
- Miss Asian California – title goes to the delegates with the highest score from California.
- Miss Asian San Francisco – title goes to the delegates with the highest score from the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Miss Asian Congeniality – title is determined by the delegates.
- Miss Asian Talent – title is determined by a separate judging panel.
In recognition of outstanding academic and volunteer work, the following titles are awarded:
- Miss Asian Scholastic Achievement
- Miss Asian STEM.
- Miss Asian Best in Cultural Attire
- Miss Asian Photogenic
- Miss Asian Community Service.
The following titles are awarded according to information provided in the application and supplemental materials:
- Miss Asian Entrepreneur
- Miss Women’s Empowerment
- People’s Choice
- Miss Asian Teen (if 5+ contestants are teenagers)
- Miss Imagine Talks
- Miss Asian Charity
- “Love is the Cure” Ambassador
The pageant reserves the right to include or remove titles one month prior to the pageant event date.